2020 Children's Programming Kits
2020 Children's Programming Kits
Posted on Thursday June 25, 2020 at 05:50AM
Looking for something fun to do with your kids this summer? Introducing Millet & District Museum’s free summer program kits, brought to you by Millet and County of Wetaskiwin Family and Community Support Services!
From June 29 to August 28, we will offer a differently themed kit every week. 30 kits will be available per week on a first come, first served basis, with a waiting list if needed. Kits include a sealable plastic bin filled with the instructions, activity sheets, and supplies needed for one child to complete the current week’s activities. Instruction videos for the week’s activities will also be posted on this page and links will be included in the written instructions inside the kits.
Here’s how you can sign up for a kit:
1. Every Monday, watch for the theme of the following week’s kit to be posted on our Visit Millet Facebook page, along with a registration form. Registration will close on Thursday.
2. Fill out our secure online registration form, which will ask for your contact information, your child’s name and age, and your preferred pickup time. You will be sent a confirmation email.
Pick Up/ Return Procedure
- Please maintain a distance of 6 feet/ 2 meters from staff and other patrons at all times. Our staff
will place out markers to help you with this; please follow them!
- Please only bring one family member; this makes physical distancing easier for everyone!
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer.
- We recommend the wearing of masks.
- Please do not come if you have travelled in the last 14 days or are experiencing cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat.
Pick Up will be available every Monday at selected times outside of the Museum. Our staff will be set up
in the School Bell Kiosk located on the north side of the Museum building (between the Museum and
Fresh Market). Please arrive promptly and within the scheduled time; this pickup method requires our
staff to wait outside.
If you are unable to pick up your kit within the scheduled time, please call the Museum at 780-387-5558
as soon as possible, so we can find a different solution.
If you do not pick up your kit within the scheduled time, our staff will give you one phone call. You then
have until 4PM to pick up your kit. Any kits unclaimed on Tuesday mornings will be given to individuals
on the waiting list.
When you arrive, please enter the cobblestone walkway as directed by the markers. These have been
placed 6 ft apart to help with physical distancing. If there is a line, please wait at the nearest open
A masked staff member will be sitting at a booth inside the kiosk. They will mark your name off the list
and write down your kit number. Please take this opportunity to use the provided hand sanitizer.
You can then move to the right side of the kiosk, where there will be a table. A staff member will place
your kits on the table. Please wait until the kits have been placed on the table; do not take them out of
the staff’s hands.
Then, please walk back to your vehicle on the grass. Please remain 6 ft apart from other visitors and
leave room for others to do the same.
Kits are to be returned to the Museum a week from the Monday when they were picked up. Only the
plastic bin is to be returned.
There will be a labelled return box at the entrance to the tear drop shaped walkway/garden. Please take
the lid off of the kit -this helps them to fit better- and stack them into the box.
The kits will be left in the box for five days, then sanitized before being reused.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author: Millet Museum and Visitor Information Centre