The Millet & District Historical Society
The Millet and District Museum, Archives and Visitor Information Centre is located on Treaty 6 Territory, and Métis Region IV. Treaty 6 is an agreement signed by Crown representatives and representatives from the Cree, Assiniboine, and Ojibwa Peoples on August 23 and September 9, 1876. Treaty 6 boundaries extend across central portions of what are now known as Alberta and Saskatchewan.
The Millet Museum Board, Staff, Volunteers, and Members acknowledge that we are privileged to live and work on this land, which has been and continues to be a gathering place and space for the Maskwacis Nēhiyaw (Bear Hills Cree), Niitsítapi (Blackfoot), Nakoda (Stony), Dene (Athabascan), Métis, and many other distinct Indigenous Peoples. We respect the histories, languages, and cultures of the Indigenous Peoples of what is now known as Canada.
The Millet and District Historical Society was registered as a Society on February 25, 1977, and became a charity in 1985 when the Millet and District Museum and Exhibit Room opened. It's purpose was to: maintain, preserve, further develop and expand Millet's cultural resources and to ensure them for future generations by operating the Millet and District Museum. The museum is in the service of society and of it's development, and open to the public which acquires, conserves researches, communicates and exhibits, for purposes of study, education and enjoyment, material evidence of Millet and thirteen surrounding school district's people and their environment.
The Society operates the Millet Visitor Information Centre and Millet Archives within the Museum.
Board of Directors
|President: Garth Rudolph||Past President: Eleanor Pydde|
|Vice President: Walter Larson||Secretary: Linda Weber|
|Treasurer: Peggy Robinson||Director: Bob Maynard|
|Council Representative: Pat Garrett||Council Alternate: Vicki Pyle|
|Mary Hegge||Bill Kemp|
|Rosella Plaquin||Pat Thorkman|
|Executive Director/Curator: Tracey Leavitt|
|Curator Assistant/ Programmer: Maggie Peterson|
|Collections Intern: Cayla Lindley|