Museum Assistant(s) / Museum Curator Assistant(s)
CLOSED: Position provides summer support in operation of a small Museum in the Town of Millet, Alberta, of under 2100 residents,
40 minutes south of Edmonton for an accredited award winning Alberta museum, archives and visitor information centre. A charity board of directors and two full-time staff operates the facility with potentially five Museum Assistants Students.
Duration - 7 weeks starting July 12th- August 28th, 2021
Hours - 40 hours/ week including scheduled Saturdays, closed Sundays.(Total hours pending funding)
Tuesday - Fridays: 11:30am to 8:00pm
Saturdays: 8:30am to 5:00pm
Wage - $15.50 per hour and 4% holiday pay
- All employees hired must
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada
- be between 15 and 30 years of ages at the start of employment to meet the eligibility criteria of the program for which you have been approved.
Canada Summer Jobs is an initiative of the Youth Employment Strategy
- Youth facing barriers to employment, get the information and gain the skills, work experience and abilities they need to transition successfully into the labour market. It is no longer restricted to students.
Description of duties
- Contribute to providing professional customer service as well as self motivated.
- Contribute to the professional facility image through maintaining the presentation of the facility and grounds and providing professional customer service.
- Use professional standards to complete collection documentation, permanent numbering, digital photography or scanning within a collection management database while maintaining daily preservation techniques of light, humidity and pest management.
- Ability to lift and move up to 20 kg to be able to review collections.
- Exceptional communication ability in speaking and writing English.
- Compile documentation of photographs and project information to be able to provide tourists with an enhanced cultural visibility, and encourage them to stay longer and impact the economics of Millet and Alberta
- Assist with the development and implementation of successful summer services and programs for school groups, group tours and individual tourists.
- Supply a Police record Check to work with the vulnerable sector of children/seniors.
- Increase community awareness through the production of a temporary summer exhibit that features the Millet Pioneer Women, Celebration of Farmers Day, and Millet in Bloom.
- Maintain and increase engagements on Facebook, twitter and website.
- Research of chronological history, and Communities in Bloom heritage environment.
- Arrange and file paper and electronic documents of the organization.
Email email@example.com your cover letter and resume to Tracey Leavitt before Friday, July 9th to be able to book an interview in time.
Only applicants that receive interviews will be contacted.