We Serve You Best in Millet, AB
Recognize any of these buildings? This 1938 postcard from Bamber Studio in Leduc, AB did a great job of highlighting the businesses of the day. It includes a view of what is now known as 50th Street looking North, as well as Allin's Drug & Book Store, Mitchell Block, The Arlington Hotel, Millet Cash Store, Curtiss Gas & Tire Depot, J.W. West General Merchandise (the Millet Mercantile Co.), Reynar Bros. General Service (Maple Leaf Petroleum Ltd.), Burns & Co., M. Amundson Jeweler, R. R. Hopkins General Merchandise, Harold Prichard Auto Service, and J. E. Sheppard Hardware.
What sits in some of these spots today?
Lot 3 Block 10, Mitchell Block, is now home to Aroma Kitchen and Scissors.
The lot that once housed the Arlington Hotel is now home to Rexall Drugs. There is a mural of the historic building on the side of the current building, which was painted by the late Ray Bindr.
Millet Cash Store sat next to Vic's Garage, now the site of Leanne's Bar & Grill.
J.W. West General Merchandise (the Millet Mercantile Co.) is now Switchback Mercantile.
Burns & Co. is now the site of the Burns Creamery Garden.
The lot that once housed R.R. Hopkins General Merchandise is now home to the Butterfly Boutique.
J.E. Sheppard Hardware was in the Whyte & Orr building, which later became the Millet Bigway Store.